Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Storytelling: The Interview


I thought I was gonna tell you about my interview with STS that I was on before I got confirmed as an exchange student.

Okay here we go. The day when the interview was going to take place, started with me running around the house, preparing everything for the “big moment” such as hundreds of copies of my application blanket, incase I loose one (or two..) choosing the right clothes, making sure everything was perfectly ready for my first big step to a whole new adventure.

My whole family was going with we and we decided to make this trip a family occasion since we had to drive a bit to where the interview was taking place.

I had the last past weeks tried to find information about questions that might be asked on the interview and how it would be, through different blogs. I remember reading some where that the whole interview was going to be in English. So I basically talked English with my mom the whole trip. 

I never think I’ve been so nervous as I was that day ever.I was literally shaking the whole time before the interview and I could barely eat anything for lunch. I remember my mom telling me it wasn’t such a big deal and there was nothing to worry about. “It’s just a interview with a normal person”. And I was like “Yeah, A person who’s gonna decide if my dream will come true, or not. This interview is about my destiny”. 

The clock kept ticking and the time was suddenly there. I met the girl who was going to interview me at the train station with my family by my side. We decided to go to the basement at Espresso House across the street she and I to start my individual interview.

With a nervous smile and a latte in my hand we sat down at a table in the corner and began with the interview. I will write about what questions she asked me later in my next post. The whole interview was in Swedish though but you have do an English test.

My part of the interview went pretty smooth and the girl who asked the questions was so nice and really made me feel less nervous and more confident.

The scariest part was when it was my parents turn to be interviewed. They had to answer similar questions to mine. I think it was to confirm that I told the truth and wasn’t trying to hide anything or what so ever. What made me nervous was that I wasn’t allowed to say anything during this part, and I was worried that they would say something completely different from what I had said. Not because I didn’t tell the truth, cause I did, but if they saw me in a different way or something.   

But just like my part, their part of the interview when perfectly fine. The only part of the interview that made me hold my breath and made my heart beat fast, was when she asked the final question: “Do you think your daughter is mature enough to be an exchange student?” My mum said clearly “Yes” while my dad was quiet a second, long enough to see that he was thinking about the question. He started answering with doubt in his voice “Well, I think she will be when the time comes in a year…but yes I do think she’s mature enough to go, he finally says and I can breath out.

Sharkshoes



No comments:

Post a Comment