Monday, March 19, 2012

"Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." -Langston Hughes


So, one of the main reasons why I decided to restart my blog again was so people could follow me during my preparations for my exchange year in the U.S.A. 2012/2013 and still keep up with me while I’m gone.


Ever since I can remember I’ve dreamed about going to the U.S. as an exchange student. I even remember the very day, the moment when I Decided I was going to be it, no matter what!


In 2006 my family and I went on a road trip in the U.S.A. During that trip we also visited my dad’s host family from when he was an exchange student back in 84. We visited the high school he went to and the feeling I got when I walked the empty hallway is indescribable, and when we ran the tracks I knew that I would to anything and EVERYTHING to be on a high school arena again.


I don’t think I’ve ever been so sure on something that I am about this, and I’ve never questioned my decision and I hope that’s the way it will be all through my journey.  

                                                                         xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment